Hello! Let’s get Carroty! Carrot was actually my nickname in high school, then Carrot Cake at my first job outta college.
What you’ll need:
- 5 cups Shredded Carrots (roughly)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour or Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients above consecutively in the order listed above starting with the carrots. The mixture should be stiff almost like dough, add more carrots, cheese and flour if needed.
- Grease a baking sheet, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- in one hand take up some of the mixture and form a ball a bit larger than a golf ball
- Put it on the baking sheet and flatten with a spatula as shown below. Be sure to leave space between each bake.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.
You can enjoy these bakes in many ways:
- Simply as a side
Using the Bakes as bread:
- Make mini sliders with pulled bbq pork, chicken or a hamburger
- Make a grilled cheese sandwich, you can even add bacon or shredded bbq or buffalo chicken
- Make a regular sandwich, fill with cheese, ham, turkey, lettuce, etc.