Finding Hand Sanitizer in NYC these days is a bit difficult among the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Hand Sanitizer is drying! It’s alcohol and that what it does! But these days it is a need to help us feel safe.
I mostly use Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Lavender Scented Hand Sanitizer spray, because it has less of a drying effect since it has essential oils. I don’t know their recipe but I have concocted my own based on it’s listed ingredients.
DIy Hand Sanitizer
5 minTotal Time
- 2 FL OZ Spray bottle
- 2 tbs Ethyl Alcohol (70 % or higher)
- 5 Drops Tea Tree Oil
- 1 tsp Glycerin
- 1 tsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 - 12 Drops Essential Oils (I prefer Lavender, you can also do combinations I also like Almond oil and Vitamin E oils for softer skin)
- Distilled or Filtered Water
- Combine the Alcohol, tea tree oil, glycerin, aloe vera gel, and essential oils in the spray bottle.
- Fill the rest with filtered or distilled water, cover then shake to combine all the ingredients.
- To Use: Spray 2-4 sprays on each hand and rub them together.
Feel free to add more or less to this recipe as you see fit.
Please remember to wash your hands when soap and water are available and when it is not available use hand sanitizer for peace of mind to keep your hands clean and refreshed.