So my dog is an absolute picky eater, Feeding him the same thing for more than 2 meals in a row does not work. So I have to switch it up a lot I have created a few combinations of food okay or good for dogs for him to eat.
I buy different canned or wet foods and rotate between two at a time adding it to his kibble but that can get too expensive depending on the month, so I have started opting for organic human foods that don’t break the bank. Here are the human foods I feed my dog:
All the food is served chilled or at room temperature unless otherwise stated. Foods are also in small amounts appropriate for my dog’s breed and size.
- Apples and Peanut Butter. I often use granny smith apples with peanut butter. I either put the peanut butter at the bottom of his bowl with the apples sticking up or I dunk the apple into the peanut butter and hand ta peace to him one at a time. In the latter, we generally enjoy this together.
- Yogurt Blueberry Freeze. This includes a simple yogurt and blueberry puree blend that is frozen into small pieces. I will share the recipe with you int he future. (Possibly next Thursday)
- Baby Carrots and Peanut Butter. I don’t eat this. LOL! I tried it though, not a fan. But he loves it. It is prepared just like the Apples and Peanut Butter.
- Mangoes and Pineapples. These are served in a very small amount. I often server just a small piece of each in his bowl which he then picks up and carries to his current comfy spot of the week and enjoys
I often add Coconut Oil or Salmon Oil to his Kibble Recipes.
- Eggs and Kibble. Sometimes I replace wet food, chicken patties for dogs or dog broth with a scrambled egg. I fully cook the eggs and over scramble it until it separates. I let it cool for 10 minutes then mix it with his dry food in his bowl. (No salt or seasonings)
- Rice and Kibble. The same deal as eggs with kibble. I add cool or cold rice to Charlie’s Kibble. I use half the amount of kibble I usually feed him and replace the other half with rice and mix.
(No salt or seasonings)
- Rice, Brocolli, and Chicken Patties. I use half of a chicken patty I would use, add a quarter of the rice and quarter of steamed broccoli.
- Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Kibble. I use half the kibble I would use, add a quarter of the sweet potatoes (cooked and diced) and a quarter of potatoes (cooked and diced). Sometimes I puree the sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes
Hope you enjoyed reading: Human Foods I Feed My Dog