You already know you shouldn’t settle for less than you deserve. But having someone to share your life with is an amazing thing, and sometimes we settle without even realizing it.
Signs You’ve Just ‘Settled’ for your Partner
- You spend a lot of time trying to convince yourself that you’re happy.
- You often think of how your partner could be different.I’m not talking about growth but him being different and not true to himself.
- You are not confident of proud introducing him to close friends or family so you probably don’t. (#stashing)
- You have a routine with your partner. There’s no spontaneity or even surprises and you find yourself being bored.
- You probably flirt a lot with other people for excitement since your relationship is so routine
- You constantly compare your partner to other people, and even compare your relationship to other relationships.
- You often feel trapped.
You’ve invested time and money into your relationship, made plans and memories so you rather not break it off but you still just don’t feel content.
There’s Mr. Right and then there is Mr.Right For You. Its difficult admitting to yourself that something in your life isn’t working. When another person’s feelings are involved things can get ugly. However no one deserves to settle or be settled on. The more this is dragged out the harder it would be to let go of something that isn’t working and the more painful it would be.