So after having my period consistently for the whole of last year in December and January it disappeared…
Bummer… Of course I blamed myself for this especially because I wasn’t pregnant and I felt like I did or did do something causing my period to halt.
Was it the employment stress, traveling, or the lack of working out? What did I do? Of course, I go to the doctor, to find out it’s just how birth control is… I needed to confirm to myself I didn’t do anything wrong… That’s the thing with PCOS. You constantly feel like you can cure it and you should be doing the most extreme things. Here are a few things I learned to tell myself or do this month to stay sane with PCOS.
For my Cysters here’s Some PCOS Mental Support
- I didn’t do anything to cause it. The cause is unknown and you’re not the one to blame… Losing Weight won’t cure my PCOS. It will help a lot but won’t cure it. And don’t kill yourself for not losing any or gaining some either.
- Going on some restrictive diet will not cure my PCOS. So don’t beat yourself up for not going Keto or Gluten Free. I do encourage you to eat healthily but going crazy with the dieting fads is not the way to go. Enjoy life… Learn Balance…
- I will Avoid PCOS groups that don’t align with me. I’ve joined quite a few groups, Keto, focused on getting pregnant, etc. I ended up leaving because they don’t align with my current life and happiness. I would see posts and felt like I wasn’t doing enough.
- I Will Keep My Stress level down at all costs. How? Have an attitude of this is not good for my health. I had not been paid at my job for a month… Yes, stressful… But now I don’t work there anymore. I started missing periods when I stressing about if I’d be paid on time.
- I Must Stay Positive and Relaxed. Whether you’re trying to lose weight, conceive or regulate your period keep a positive outlook.
That’s the end of my little talk. I drove myself crazy a lot with my PCOS the past few months. Trying to control my moods, my period and just everything.I am currently on new birth control. I am currently working on getting myself back into the habit of working out again.