Anyone in your life could be guilty of this. It may be a friend, a significant other, or even a family member. Here are the signs you are being used:
- They never seem to think about you. You’re always just an afterthought to them.
- They are not present when you have a crisis. When you need help or you’re going through something, they are barely ever there to help or provide comfort. (Unless they need something)
- They only call you when they need something. You only hear from them the most at this time, and they make sure they check up on you too. Once they have what they needed they are too busy for you.
- They speak poorly of you or they allow others to do so without defending you. Even if they don’t exactly speak poorly of you they only broadcast your failures. If it is something good or something you accomplished, they never bring it up or mention it to anyone. They also hang out with people who speak poorly of you in their presence. This might not be an enemy, but it could also be someone you barely know who mentions you in a negative way, however they never stop them or simply tell them they don’t want to hear it.
- They also actually don’t know much about you. They know little about your likes and dislikes, your thoughts or goals. They probably don’t care to know either.
- They do very little for you. It’s totally one-sided. They may go through a breakup, you go over with wine, cheese, and ice cream. When you’re in a similar situation you get a short text.