Healthy BBQ Fries
Have you ever enjoyed Pulled Pork, Chicken or Beef BBQ French Fries or Tater Tots? Yummy right?
|Photo via delish.com|
But What if you’re trying to cut carbs. Not such a great idea!
1/2 cup – Green Peppers chopped
1/2 cup onions chopped0
1 lb – Chicken, Pork or Beef (Boneless preferred)
1/2 Cup – Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup – Cheddar Cheese, Montrey Jack, Shredded
1/4 Cup – Olive oil
Seasonings: Cilantro, Basil
- Let’s start with the meat – Follow Episode 3 then use two forks to shred the meat finely.
- Now the “Fries” Preheat the oven to 350 degrees – julienne the carrots and place in a bowl (That has a lid) , add cilantro, salt, Parmesan cheese and olive oil, cover then shake to mix and coat the carrots.
- Place the carrots on a pan with low sides, like a cookie tray or pizza pan and pop it in the oven for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Spread the carrots in a wide, bowl or pie tray, top with peppers, pulled meat, onions and cheese.
- optional: Put it back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.