So this week’s bonus episode is a breakfast episode. My usual breakfast is just eggs and bacon or ham. Since I am trying to cut carbs regular potato homes fries or hash browns are a no go, So therefore I substituted it with sweet potatoes. So let’s make this Eggs and Healthy Sweet Potato Home fries
What you’ll need:
- Eggs (3)
- Cubed Ham (1 cup)
- Seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- Cubed Sweet Potatoes (I used two)
- Chopped Onions
- Olive Oil
Let’s get cooking
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, add ham, a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic
- Melt butter in a pan, pour egg mixture
- As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spoon or spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat and place on plate. (feel free to top with shredded cheese)
- In a skillet pour olive oil in a pan just enough to cover the bottom and heat.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes and chopped onions and a dash of garlic and stir occasionally until edges of the sweet potato is browned and serve.