Ever got really angry, sad, or nervous? Well unless you’re not some robot you probably have.
Sometimes first you actually need to admit to yourself that you are stressed and not calm – For me it tends to take me a while to even realize that I’m stressed out sometimes.
Here are some tips and exercises to help you get to a positive state of mind so you can address the situation.
How to Relieve Stress or Calm Yourself
- Breathe – Focus on your breathing. Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 5 seconds, exhale
- Take a Time Out – Give yourself a time out and step back from the situation. Here are some suggestions;
- Go to the gym, go for a run.
- Sit in a park and enjoy your surroundings
- Go to your Happy Place – Close your eyes and picture yourself in a happy place
- Step Back – Give yourself a time out and step back from the situation
- Speak to Yourself – Tell yourself to calm down and relax, Ask questions
- Call of Visit a Friend – Call/Visit someone who makes you laugh and cheers you up
- Meditate – Try Meditating for 15 minutes or even do some yoga