In collaboration with my boyfriend we have effectively trained Charlie to do quite a few things.
Over the past few months we have bought many different treats. When looking for treats we made sure they are small and bite sized (You do not want to fatten up your pet while training) , tasty and can be eaten quickly. In my opinion these are the best quality and characteristics to look for in a treat for training.
Here’s a list of my Favorite Puppy Training Treats:
- Merrick Power Bites – Grain Free, Gluten Free, Soft Chewy Dog Treats, Turducken Recipe – Costs roughly $5 per 6 oz bag
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals – Less than 3 calories per treat, Peanut Butter and Oats Recipe – Costs roughly $14 per 1lb bag
- Wellness Natural Grain Free Lamb & Salmon Recipe – Soft Puppy Bites, roughly $4 per 3oz bag. Great for on the go training.
- Wellness Natural Grain Free Crunchy Chicken & Carrots Recipe – Puppy Bites Dog Treats, roughly $4 per 6oz bag
- Polka Dog, Yappy Howlidays – Lucky Duck Recipe. This one is a new favorite, it came in a small container and is great for on the go training.
I am always trying new treats for my corgi Charlie. I will update you with a new post as he grows!
What treats does your dog like?