If you read my twenty- six things birthday post… after that I pretty much had this half way done in draft in Google Docs for a while. but now I have finished it.
Here are 12 things to start doing for yourself:
- Start being more polite to yourself. Your self-talk needs to be polite, it can be blunt and to the point but still polite. Talk to yourself how you would like someone else to talk to you.
- Enjoy the thing you already possess. Instead of thinking you’ll be happy when you get to Point B or M in your life. Enjoy what you have now while working towards better.
- Create your own happiness. Don’t wait for someone or something to make you happy. be your own happiness and be happy with who you are now.
- Be selfish with your happiness. Simple make your own happiness a priority. You can still care about other people, but be sure to take care of your needs.
- Be yourself. I mean really be yourself, genuinely, and loudly. Stop diluting yourself for others and their judgement.
- Compete with earlier versions of yourself. Instead of comparing yourself to other people start comparing yourself to a younger you, and improve.
- Be accountable for yourself. Own every choice and mistake you’ve made. This is going to be hard, but once you believe that you are the only one who can directly control what happens in your life you’ll be fine.
- Focus on thing you can control. We can’t control everything but we often concentrate on the things we can’t control and worry about it a lot. STOP!
- Prioritize your important relationships. Nurture them. The relationship with yourself is included, but those healthy relationships that mean something to you that bring out the best in you, and bring real, honest, joy and peace in your life, Let those people know that they mean a lot to you and show it.
- Pay attention to your feelings and energy. Pay attention to when you feel stressed, overwhelmed and know when to take a break. understand that it is okay to be tired, it okay to take breaks and it is healthy to just relax.
- Be in the moment. Instead of anticipating and worrying about things to happen enjoy the moments you’re currently experiencing. Enjoy the small moments and the little things.