I have never shared my regular skin routine with you guys or any skincare really but I have dry skin, so dry it’s impossible to get acne. My winter skin care routine is not that different from my regular routine, except I have to consistently perform my winter skincare routine or suffer!
For my Face
- I wash with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser at the beginning of the day or Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Face Wash at the end of the day to remove makeup.
- Then I use Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench (this does wonders for me)
- *When using makeup I add Burt’s Bees Complete Nourishment Facial Oil to my foundation and proceed as normal.
For my Skin
- I don’t shower with hot water ever, lukewarm and pretty much closer to cold. I use a moisturizing body wash or soap such as dove. I do keep my showers short because the itching gets intense afterward. However long warm baths with oils do wonders for me.
- I have been back and forth with this and it’s a constant experiment my skin acts differently each year, to be honest. I have been applying vitamin e oil after showering. I generally don’t always like dealing with the oil, especially with certain clothing items because it leaves an oil stain. I do plan on trying out body butter and products from the body shop and I’ll update you guys on that.
- For my hands that also get incredibly dry, I use No-Crack Super Hand Cream (Purchased at Duluth Trading Co.)
What products do you use in your winter skincare routine? Do you suffer from dry skin? Please share what products you use (links or where to buy are appreciated), also let me know how they work for you compared to other products you have used.