In a new relationship or even way down the line; you may ask yourself things like:
- Am I wasting my time?
- Is this person really into me?
- Is this relationship going anywhere?
If you find yourself wondering, it is probably for a reason. The best thing to do is to speak to your partner, or date and express how you feel.
Yes there are obvious things like lack of communication, cheating and so on; but if those aren’t present and you are still wondering and uncertain here are some things that can help you decide.
- Your partner is not willing to help you out if they are able too. They tend to be absent most of the time when you need them; whether it’s for venting, crying, or fixing something.
- Your partner isn’t considerate. Things that are important to only you are neglected and over looked often. Example: A considerate partner would take the time to pay attention to things that are important to only you; They would water your plants for you, restock your favorite foods or simply remind you to do so or remind you about some huge upcoming event.
- They do not own up to their mistakes and shortcomings. They instead give excuses, or do not address issues they have such as jealousy and insecurity with you.
- You aren’t their top priority. Yes we have work, school and other things that are very important to us. And not all of the time we can drop what we are doing and rush to our partner. Sometimes we are dealing with issues of our own. However if you are sick, in the hospital or suffered a loss your partner does not check in on you or even try to be helpful and comforting. Instead they do things like go out, hang out with friends, shop and you probably won’t even get a text or call.
- You don’t fell comfortable talking to you partner about anything. If you are unable to simply speak to your partner about most things, it may be a sign of incompatibility and discomfort in the relationship.
Are there any other signs that you believe that may indicate a relationship is not worth being in? Also let me know your thoughts on this article in the comments section below.