Valentine’s Day across the globe is highly celebrated amongst everyone. Because Valentines’s Day is so highly observed, many people feel pressured and make mistakes. Some even life-threatening.
I have compiled a list of 7 Things You Should Avoid Doing on Valentine’s Day.
- Don’t buy yourself gifts or flowers and pretend they are from someone else. It’s sad and pathetic. You have nothing to prove to anyone.
- Don’t announce it’s a fake holiday. And please do not call it a gay, lesbian or LGBTQ holiday, we do not appreciate it. Keep that hate internal.
- Do not downplay gifts from family. If your parents, siblings, aunt, uncle, cousin or friend buy you a gift for Valentine’s Day do not be ungrateful. Valentine’s day isn’t only romantic love. It’s for all love.
- Do not go on a date with someone you barely know or never met. There are actual people who prey on you this time of year, waiting for the opportunity to take advantage.
- Do not drink heavily. If you do go out, please watch how much you drink, and watch your drink. There are predators all the time so you should always be careful, but on Valentine’s Day, they are more prevalent.
- Do not go out of your budget. Do not buy gifts that you did not budget for. The people who really love you will not care about what you purchase.
- Do not argue with your significant other about the gift you got or didn’t. On Valentine’s Day, don’t compare what your friends/coworkers got or what they do to then quarrel with your lover because of it.