I love meatballs – But it can take sometime, making the meatballs and making the sauce. Finding a great Marinara sauce has also proven tedious; I haven’t found it yet.
- Frozen Pre-Cooked Meatballs (if you have 40-50 minutes more; try these recipes Recipe 1, or Recipe 2 maybe you can freeze these meatballs for later use)
- Fresh Basil
- Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Tomato Sauce
- Dried Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Salt and Pepper to taste
- First follow the packaging instructions for cooking your meatballs.
- The Sauce Hack: I used 2 tomatoes, a quarter of a red bell pepper and green pepper, 1/4 cup of onion, a few basil leaves and 2 cloves of garlic and chop finely in a food processor.
- Get a large sauce pan; add your tomato puree to the sauce and stir, add tomato sauce, add
oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and let it heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add your meatballs. Then cover the sauce pan, put it on low heat and leave for another 6-9 minutes.
- Serve your meatballs over pasta or eat on it’s own (You can top it with mozzarella or parmesan cheese.)