So instead of buying Charlie a new bed I decided to make him a new one
DIY UpCycled Doggy Bed
Here’s the supplies and materials I used
- Old Sheets
- Old Drawer
- Sewing Machine
- Stuffing from Old Decorative cushions
- Glue + Glue Gun
What I did
- I removed all the excess screws, handles, sliders and front panel from the old draw.
- I measured the width of inside of the draw for the pillow insert. The length was based on Charlie’s size.
- I then folded and cut the sheets and stitched three 1/2 of the sides leaving an opening.
- After turning the fabric inside out I began stuffing the pillow with stuffing from the old cushions and evened it out.
- I then stitched the opening to seal the pillow.
- I then applied glue to the base of the drawer and placed the pillow insert inside.
Be sure to check out these sewing machines
Charlie in his new bed