So I recently posted a picture of a black bean burger on Instagram and was asked for the recipe. I make black bean burgers in multiple different ways which I’ll be sharing with you. However this is what I refer to as My Basic Black Bean Burger.
- 1 15.5 oz can of black beans, drained/washed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic or 2 cloves.
- 1/4 of a red onion or 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- pinch salt and pepper for taste
- 1/2 cup of uncooked 1 minute oats
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- In a processor, place the black beans, egg, garlic, onion, paprika, salt and pepper and blend.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, add oats and almond flour and mix. The mixture should be thick and holds together.
- Form your burgers, you can create about 6 mini burgers, 4 regular sized burgers or two large burgers. Place on a place and let it hang out in the freezer for about an hour. at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet with some olive oil, then fry the black bean burgers on each side for about 1-3 minutes depending on the size you made them, OR you can place them in the oven set to 375 on a greased pan for 6 – 10 minutes depending on the size you made them.
- That’s it. Let it cool a bit, you can enjoy these in different ways, with a fried egg, and cheese, on a bun, you can wrap it in lettuce and enjoy also.